The Blue September Charity Cup was played Grand Final Eve at McDonnell Park, Northcote. Played between Hacer Group and their subcontractors, led by Prime Electrical and Data, the game was played in a great spirit, showcasing some surprising talents on both sides. The fitter Subbies team went in early favourites but Hacer’s strength and experience saw them (perhaps) win the game by a mere 3 points. Upon conclusion of the game, the goal umpires were unable to reconcile scores and a draw was agreed, with a return match scheduled for 2014. Damo from Team Hacer received the BOG Award for his fleet-of-foot play and screamer taken over teammate Rod Thomas in the third term.
The BBQ, donations and sale of stubby holders and game-day jumpers raised over $4000 for Blue September.
Hacer Group is extremely proud of the support of the following partners, who made the day possible:
- Prime Electrical: jumpers, umpire gear, footy, whistles, horns, white boards, etc.
- HPM / Legrand: guernseys
- Kennards: BBQs, meat and drinks
- Designer Panel Systems: winners' caps and Best on Ground trophy
- Gem Engineering: Winner's Trophy
- Bank of Melbourne: marquee
- Complete Plumbing Contracting: supplied goal posts
The players were grateful for the vocal support of those who attended the game, and will be looking to employ a masseur for next year's game .