The Blue September Charity Cup Footy Match has again proved to be a major success in our fundraising for this worthwhile charity.
Mike Chapman from Blue September arranged for Channel 9 sports reporter and Blue September Ambassador, Clint Stanaway, to toss the coin to officially start the match. Despite Team Hacer's best efforts, including the subtle addition of all the interchange bench and even our boundary umpire into the play, the Subbies once again proved far too strong, taking out the game by approx. six goals.
This match and other fundraising to date have raised in excess of $10,000 - and it's not too late to add to this tally: https://bluesep15.everydayhero.com/au/hacer-group.
Neither this day, nor our fundraising, could take place without the assistance of many people including, but not limited to, the following:
- Prime Electrical, for organising the day and providing game day footy
- I&D, assisting with training and game day
- Kew FC / Albert Park FC / Middle Park FC, for training venues and equipment
- Essendon FC, for signed jumper donation
- MC Labour, for donated signed Carlton FC footy
- Kennards, donated BBQ meats and BBQs
- City of Manningham, for hire of Bulleen Park oval
- Student Trainers, for donating their time
- Mick, the central umpire
- Both Subbie and Hacer Team players
- Sites for holding BBQs to raise funds
- All those who have donated to the charity
- Numerous Hacer staff for organising day, cooking BBQ, coaching, promoting event, drinks, etc.
We look forward to coming back bigger and better in September 2016.
Hacer Group - we build Partnerships.